Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday

Well hello again!  I am still here, alive and mostly well.  I will start right off and say that never, in my time on this planet, have I been through a winter as miserable as this.  It started December 1st, and hasn't let up and we're damn near through February.  It's relentless, it's repulsive, it's maddening.  People are snarky, people are depressed, people are short-fused, and who can blame them? I at first thought it was just me, and was thinking that oh yeah, people up here are reveling in it, they are making snowmen and snow forts, and skiing, all that, and I find that really isn't the case. 

What do we do?  We complain about it endlessly on Facebook :) 

So what's good in the world right now?  Hmmm let's see.  I am having a really hard time getting past this winter thing, oh, and the fact this country is still on a major downward slide into total destruction, but let's look beyond that, even if only briefly.

Spring WILL get here, we WILL be able to be outside until 9:30pm on patios, talking around Citronella candles.  Crickets will chirp, we'll be able to watch for falling stars, BBQs will kick off again.  Sunroofs will be open, music cranked up, socks will be left in their drawers.  See?  I am not always thinking about doomsday. It's the simple things that get you through.  Right now it's Tuesday.  Tuesday is a blah day.  It almost sucks more than Monday, because Monday already has enough haters.  Wednesday is hump day, Thursday you're getting closer to the weekend, and then Friday, oh how I love thee!  But Tuesday just plain sucks.

Think of it this way: You've already gotten up and are probably at work, so you're one step closer to closing Tuesday out for another week.  Yep!  Sometimes it's the little things.......

1 comment: